Sports Science Career Opportunities
Makerere University's BSc in Sports Science will prepare you for a successful career in the sports, health and recreation industries. These studies deliver the knowledge, skills and understanding needed for a career in areas such as sport management and delivery, and in service delivery essential for athlete preparation and specialised fitness industries. The foundation needed for postgraduate training in professional service provision and research is also gained. The Makerere University Sport Science Practicum (Internship Program) provides valuable workplace experience enabling integration of theoretical concepts with professional practices & interaction with other professionals. When this programme is completed, you become a Sport and Exercise Scientist.
Career Opportunities Sport Science graduates have the choice of varied career paths with skills which lead to diverse employment opportunities in areas such as:
- Elite Athlete Preparation
- Strength and Conditioning
- Fitness and General Coaching
- Sports Administration and Management
- Graduate Training in Exercise Rehabilitation
- Sport Physiotherapy
Career Opportunities: Teaching and Coaching careers
- School - Physical Education teaching (Primary and Secondary)
- Non-school settings: Coaching - schools, sports clubs, community sport
Fitness- and Health-related careers
- Cardiac Rehabilitation (Fitness for health), o Movement Rehabilitation (Sports Physiotherapy),
- Sports and Health Nutrition,
- Corporate Fitness (Health and Fitness Instruction),
- Specific Sport Fitness coaching
- Personal Trainers, etc.
Sport Management careers
- Athletic/Sports-Federation Administration,
- District Sports Administration (Local Government),
- Sport and Leisure management (Private),
- Sport Retailing,
- Resort Sport Management,
- Facility management, etc.
Sport Media careers
- Journalism - News Papers (writing), Radio Presenters, TV Presenters
- Sports Photography, Sports Art, etc.
- Sports Law,
- Performance Analysis
- Sport and Exercise Science Research,
- Sports, Leisure and Hospitality Consultancy,
- Sports Officiating,
- Sports Entrepreneur, etc.